TEG | MJR is owned by TEG, a leading global live entertainment, ticketing and technology business. Our tours have stopped at hundreds of world class event spaces, from stadium shows in New Zealand, castles in Wales and vineyard shows in Australia to open air concerts under the stars in the Middle East. Our touring events have included Sia, Snoop Dogg, Paw Patrol, UB40, Culture Club, Hans Zimmer, and Rita Ora, with theatre shows such as the West End hit “Rip It Up”, along with experiential attractions including Marvel’s Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. and The Brickman LEGO® exhibition. Our impressive portfolio of Venues offer multi use event spaces throughout the UK.
In an exciting period of growth, we are now looking for a Legal Counsel to join the MJR team based in our Bristol office. This is a greenfields role reporting to TEG’s Sydney-based Group General Counsel and working closely with our Group Legal team in Australia to support the MJR team across the UK/Europe.
As our Legal Counsel you will:
- Draft and negotiate contracts with artist managers/agents, venues and other suppliers
- Advise on regulations and regulatory changes including on consumer law, employment law and privacy/data
- Provide legal advice and support to underpin commercial outcomes
- Manage and protect our local intellectual property portfolio
- Identify and escalate legal issues and risks, ensuring adherence to our group policies
- Support the team on M&A and other strategic business projects, as needed.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 2-3 years PQE within a top corporate law firm and/or similar in-house experience, preferably with a consumer, technology, e-commerce and/or live entertainment focus
- Has an appetite to learn quickly on the job and the versatility and ability to deal with issues outside of their experience
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships both internally and externally
- Is commercially savvy, quick and accurate, and has demonstrated experience in negotiating and advising on a broad range of commercial contracts
- Is engaging, committed and enthusiastic and will thrive in a high volume, fast paced team
- Is adaptable and has the flexibility to meet business needs across various timezones.
This role will be based at our Bristol office, however, at present, the majority of our employees are working from home to support the national effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
At TEG a balanced workforce where everyone belongs, supported by processes and policies which advocate this is the heart of our strategy. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief, or sexual orientation.
If we’ve just described you, then please apply by sending your CV, cover letter addressing the criteria listed above and your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Agencies at this time, please