We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic Corporate Finance Manager to help drive change in our growing Finance team in Bristol.
TEG | MJR is owned by TEG, a leading global live entertainment, ticketing and technology business.
Our tours have stopped at hundreds of world class event spaces, from stadium shows in New Zealand, castles in Wales and vineyard shows in Australia to open air concerts under the stars in the Middle East.
To further support the growth in our concert operation, we own or operate multiple venues across the UK including Tramshed and Globe in Cardiff, The Mill in Birmingham and Camden Assembly and XOYO in London.
Reporting to the Finance Director the successful candidate will be a pivotal role in managing the operational finance team with 2-3 direct reports. The role requires someone who is adaptable and highly organised with a “can-do” attitude and the ability to work well under pressure whilst leading a team. Responsibilities include:
· Manage all aspects of the day-to-day finance operation including financial processing, month end close and balance sheet control:
o Oversight of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions to ensure process efficiency and timely settlement / reconciliation of cashflows
o Manage the UK’s VAT, Payroll, PAYE, pensions arrangements ensuring accuracy and completeness of reconciliations and submissions
o Partner with the Australia head office, manage the UK employee expenses and company credit card processes ensuring adherence to company policy at all times
o Month end journals and nominal ledger entry together with upkeep of fixed asset register
· Work with the broader finance team to identify and deliver process improvements within the operational finance function, implementing best practice wherever possible
· Ensure a robust internal control framework is in place to manage risk, and that effective reporting exists to monitor compliance and escalation as required
· Lead the cash flow forecasting process, partnering with finance stakeholders and the wider business to improve visibility, accuracy and management of cash and intercompany funding positions
· Liaise with external accountants and auditors to support completion of statutory accounts
· Work alongside the Finance Director to manage bank relationships and identify opportunities to streamline daily cash positioning and drive savings through transactional processing wherever possible
· Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the wider business and the broader finance team
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with post qualified experience within operational finance, and a solid understanding of how an effective finance function should operate. Key skills and attributes include:
· Inquisitive and enjoys driving change, not afraid to challenge the status quo
· Experience of using Finance packages and Excel, good numeracy skills and excellent attention to detail
· Effective communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships across the business
· Able to deal with ambiguity, identify resources to implement and determine pragmatic solutions
· Operational management, support and mentoring of a member of the team, including prioritising work and managing issues, ensuring all stakeholders are informed
· Experience working at a strategic and operational level
This role will present the right candidate with the opportunity to progress into a variety of finance careers across all areas of the business from transactional to accounting and/or management, as well as corporate finance.
It is also a great opportunity to establish and develop the skills required to further a career in finance as well as a great platform for learning about the touring industry.
This role will be based from our brand new, fully serviced, dog friendly Bristol offices with some working from home. (minimum 3 days in the office)
At TEG a balanced workforce where everyone belongs, supported by processes and policies which advocate this, is the heart of our strategy. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, identification, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief, or sexual orientation.
If you feel this could be you, please apply by sending your cv and cover letter detailing your salary expectations to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this position.
No Agencies, at this time, please