Purpose of Policy
We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you.
Using personal information allows us to develop a better understanding of our patrons and in turn to provide you with relevant and timely information about the work that we do – both on and off stage.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how we (and our
subsidiaries) collect and use the information we collect from you directly and from third parties.
We use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of
personal information. This policy explains:
- What information we may collect about you
- How we may use that information
- In what situations we may disclose your details to third parties
- Information about how we keep your personal information secure, how we maintain it for and your rights to be able to access it
If you have any queries about this policy, please contact email@example.com
Who we are
TEG MJR Limited and its subsidiary Imagine This (Live) Limited is an event promoter and venue operator. We are registered as a company in England and Wales under registration number 08423282.
We collect various types of information and in a number of ways, as follows:
Information you give us
- For example when you register on our website or purchase tickets from our event partners,
we may store personal information you give us such as your name, email address, postal
address, telephone number, gender, date of birth/age range. We may also store a record of your purchases. Information you provide to us with when you contact us by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media.
Information about your interactions with us
- For example, when you visit our website, we may collect information about the browser
you’re using, your IP address (this is a number that identifies a specific network device on the
internet and is required for your device to communicate with websites), what sites you came
from and how you interact with our content.
- When we send you an email we may collect information on how you respond such as the
number of times you have opened emails or the links in them that are clicked.
- We may also hold information on interests and demographic categories inferred from your interactions with us in order to provide you a better service and to provide you with more focused information. For example, if you buy tickets to a certain show and lots of people who went to that show also bought tickets for a different concert, we might send you information about that concert.
- CCTV images when you visit one of our events or venues;
- information you provide to us about your health (for example when you are buying tickets for wheelchair accessible spaces or when we are investigating an accident which may have happened at one of our events or venues);
- information about transactions you make with other companies in connection with our events and venues (including for example, ticket agents, what they have provided to you, when and where and, if applicable, how much you paid);
Please see our Cookies Policy at the bottom of this document for more information.
Sensitive personal data
Data Protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more
sensitive such as health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not
collect this type of information about our patrons unless there is a clear reason for doing so such as the example given above.
In the event of a data breach, in accordance with GDPR regulation, we will disclose to the
ICO regulator within 72 hours of becoming aware of such breach.
Sources of personal data
We will receive your personal data when you provide it to us yourself or when you use or purchase one or more of our services.
We also receive personal data about you from third parties. Third parties who provide us with personal data about you include:
- ticket agents such as Eventbrite, Ticketmaster and others, who transfer personal data to us when you purchase a ticket from them for one of our events or venues;
- Facebook Inc., who, if you have consented, transfer personal data to us when you register for one of our Services using your Facebook account.
- We will combine any personal data about you that we receive from you and from third parties.
How we use your Personal Information
We, and our third party processors will process your personal information as described below:
Delivery of our Services/Contractual Basis
When you purchase tickets to one of our events, sign up to our mailing list or otherwise use one of our services, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data. For example we may need to contact you by email in the case of cancellation of a show, or in the case of problems with your payment.
Legitimate business interests
In certain situations we collect and process your personal for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. However we only do this if there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information in this way. We describe below all situations where we may use this basis for processing:
- to provide you with our services;
- to verify your identity for security purposes;
- to ensure the security of our websites and other technology systems;
- for the good governance of our business;
- by using CCTV, to prevent and detect crime and to keep people who visit and work at our events and festivals safe and secure;
- to record and investigate health and safety and other incidents which have happened or may have happened at one of our events;
- to manage access to specific areas at an event or venue (for example, we will use lists of people and/or vehicles to allow us to manage access to backstage, VIP or premium viewing areas);
- to provide you with information about our services, to contact you about administrative matters, and to manage and respond to any queries or complaints you make or any correspondence you send us;
- to “geo-fence” marketing so that you receive marketing communications or see advertisements which are relevant to your location;
In the case of online behavioural advertising, we may work with other companies to show you advertisements we think you may find relevant and useful based on information collected
by us or third parties and/or may be based on your activities on our websites or third party
sites. This may include advertisements from us displayed on other companies’ sites. You can
With your Explicit Consent
For any situations where you provide us information about your health (i.e. for the requirement of wheelchair access or to assist in investigating a health and safety incident) we will instead ask for your explicit consent before using your personal information in that specific situation.
With your Consent
- Where you have provided us with consent we will send you marketing communications to you about the work that we do in ways that you find relevant, timely and respectful. To do this we use data that we have stored about you, such as what events you have booked for in the past, as well as any interactions or preferences you may have told us about.
- In the case of email, we will give you an opportunity to opt in of receiving
them during your first purchase with us or registering to receive direct marketing from our
- We will also provide you with an option to unsubscribe in every email that we subsequently send you, or you can alternatively use the contact details at the end of this policy.
Other Processing Activities
We also process personal information in the following ways that are within our legitimate organisational interests:
We may analyse data we hold about you in order to identify and prevent fraud.
In order to improve our website we may analyse information about how you use it and the content and ads that you interact with. This information will be aggregated with other users and not personally identifiable.
In each of the above cases we will always keep your rights and interests at the forefront to ensure they are not overridden by your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. You have the right to object to any of this processing at any time. If you wish to do this, please use the contact details at the end of this policy. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above that are for your benefit.
There are certain circumstances under which we may disclose your personal information to third parties. In these cases we require that these third parties comply strictly with our instructions and with data protection laws, for example around security of personal data. These circumstances are as follows:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets;
- To our own service providers who process data on our behalf and on our instructions (for
example ticketing agents that we allocate tickets to and our CRM provider, Mailchimp).
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Maintaining your personal information
We will normally retain your personal information for as long as you use our services. In the context of marketing communications, where you have provided consent we will hold your data until or unless you opt out of receiving communications from us. If there are aspects of your record that are inaccurate or that you would like to remove, you can do so by using the contact details at the end of this policy to get in touch. Any objections you make to any processing of your data will be stored against your record on our system so that we can comply with your requests.
In some circumstances we will retain your personal data for a shorter period, including:
- recorded CCTV footage from our events and venues for no longer than 31 days, unless we are required to retain it for longer (for example, if we are investigating an incident, or have been asked to retain specific CCTV footage for a longer period by government or law enforcement officials).
- We will retain your personal data for longer if we believe we may need it in order to respond to any claims, to protect our rights or the rights of a third party, and we will retain your personal data for longer if we are required to retain them in order to comply with applicable laws.
Security of your personal information
We have in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the
technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible. We will ensure
that any third parties we use for processing your personal information do the same.
International transfers of your personal data
Your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in locations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Your personal data may also be processed by staff operating in Austalia or outside the EEA working for us or third-party data processors. Such staff or third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of our services to you, the processing of transactions and/or the provision of support services.
Your rights to your personal information
You have the following rights in respect to the personal information that we hold on you:
- request that we provide you with a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- request that we update any of your personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
- request that we delete any of your personal data which we are holding;
- request that we restrict the way that we process your personal data;
- request that we provide your personal data to you or a third-party provider of services in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format;
- object to us processing personal data based on our legitimate interests, including profiling; or
- object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Your request must include your name, email address and postal address and we may request proof of your identity. Please allow at least seven working days for us to process your request.
Please note that the deletion of your personal data may result in Alchemy Promotions Limited being unable to provide our services to you. Please use the contact details at the end of this
policy if you would like to exercise any of the above mentioned rights.
Changes to this policy
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any changes
to this Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. It will
have a different date from the one set out below. Please check our site periodically for
Contact details and further information
and, if you would like to object to any processing of your personal information
that we carry out for our legitimate organisational interests.
TEG MJR Limited
Last Updated – March 2021
Next Review Date – September 2021